Oh My Stars! (A Quilt-Along)
Welcome to my very first quilt-along! I’m really excited to get going on this project and I hope you are, too! But you’ll have to bear with me…I’ve never hosted one of these before and I’m a bit nervous about it, so please get in touch if ever there is something that is unclear or just plain wrong. :)
So. First things first. A blog button!! (I mean, what’s a quilt-along without a blog button, right?!)
Set this button to link back to this page, which I will update with links to each step in the project as they are unveiled. (You can also just bookmark the page if you don’t have a blog, or don’t like littering your own blog with other people’s buttons.)
Next, if you have a Flickr account, then I would love it if you joined the Oh My Stars! group. While I will make every effort to answer all the comments here on my blog, over on the Flickr group we can all answer one another’s questions, and share pictures of our progress. If you don’t have a Flickr account already, then I really recommend setting one up. It’s really easy, and it’s one of the major meeting places of the online quilting community. If you need help getting started then let me know and I’ll walk you through it. :)
Finally, if you use social media like Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, if you add the hashtag #OhMyStarsQAL to your posts then I’ll be able to see all your beautiful stars!
- Click here to find information about the required yardage, as well as the some early intentions for the project.
- This post is about the initial plan for the quilt-along, including a basic guideline for progress and a link to a blank diagram of the quilt top design, should you be the type who likes to plan obsessively, like me. ;)
- This post contains the schedule that we’ll be following for the rest of the project.
- This post tells you how to put all your stars together.
- You can link up with your finished quilts here.
Click on the images below to find the full tutorials: